Welcome to the Agroforestry Foundations course! This course provides important context for understanding agroforestry. In Lesson 1, we explore why agroforestry is important, how Indigenous and local communities have practiced agroforestry for centuries, and what agroforestry looks like in the U.S. today. In Lesson 2, we cover the basics of agroforestry design and planning and reflect on your personal goals related to agroforestry.
- What is agroforestry?
- Why is agroforestry important?
- Why are you interested in agroforestry?
- Identify at least 3 benefits of agroforestry
- Understand the origin of the term agroforestry
- Recognize that Indigenous and local communities have practiced agroforestry for centuries
- Describe why agroforestry practices are so diverse
- List the five categories of agroforestry practices recognized by the USDA
- Reflect on personal goals as they relate to agroforestry