Growing into a New Season
Over the last 9 years, we’ve learned that organizations grow a lot like plants – with great patience and intention, a steady supply of nourishment, and a bit of hope the conditions will be favorable.
As we kick off our 2022 Year-End Campaign, we are mindful of the ways donor support has nourished our growth and we hope you’ll join us, once again, in supporting the Savanna Institute’s work to make agriculture a climate solution that strengthens farms and communities.
With your help over the past year:
- We put down roots across 4 farms in Spring Green, WI – building the beginnings of a campus that will help us advance agroforestry and build community while continuing to welcome folks to our demonstration farms across Wisconsin and Illinois
- We’ve partnered with over 60 farmers and landowners, with plans to convert over 3,000 acres to agroforestry
- We launched Canopy Farm Management, a farmland management business and tree crop nursery that planted almost 100,000 trees in just its first year of operation
- We convened a network of leaders from across North America to scale up agroforestry through collaborative action in key areas like market development, landholder assistance, and farm policy.
- We’ve grown from one full time staff member in 2017, to 30 full time staff just 5 years later!
We’re confident this is just the beginning of our story, and we’re so grateful for your part in it. As we approach our 10 year anniversary in 2023, we’re excited to see what’s in store for us in the season ahead, but we know we can’t do it alone.
More from Perennial AF
Historic investment will help farmers produce, market and promote profitable, climate-smart commodities across the United States Spring Green, WI – On Wednesday, the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced a historic investment in climate-smart agriculture. The...
Click here to learn more about Climate Fast Forward on October 17th, 2022. The first 25 people who register for Climate Fast Forward using the code: Savanna2022 will receive $20 off their ticket! In the latest episode of Perennial AF, Savanna Institute's...
All Seasons Farm in Cashton, WI is home to 50 grass-fed dairy cattle managed by Tucker and Becky Gretebeck. They sell the milk to the Organic Valley Dairy Cooperative headquartered nearby. The farm is also home to a menagerie of adorable animals that has become a...
Give Now, Double your Impact