Celebrating 10 Years
Just like the multi-species, interconnected farming systems we champion, you and thousands of others in our community are working together to create a more hopeful future. Thanks to our supporters, the Savanna Institute has put down roots and is doing more than we thought possible.
We’re celebrating 10 years of growing agroforestry because of you.
In the last decade we have…
- Built a 7-person agroforestry Technical Assistance Team to provide one-on-one support to farmers and landowners in 6 states.
- Paired 56 agroforestry apprentices with mentor farmers in the Midwest to develop hands-on skills in perennial farm management.
- Started a Tree Crop Improvement Program, establishing a 1700-bush hazelnut breeding orchard and planting 50,000 persimmon seedlings.
- Produced 200 videos about agroforestry which have over 200,000 total views.
- Established 8 demonstration farms, showing real-world examples of scalable agroforestry in the Midwest.
- Convened 100 organizations and 7 working groups in a national Agroforestry Coalition focused on scaling-up support in every sector.
And this is just scratching the surface. Your support has kept us on a fast track to agricultural transformation in the Midwest. Thank you!
I would love to hear from you. What brought you to the Savanna Institute? What does agroforestry and more ecological, broadly beneficial agriculture mean to you?
More from Perennial AF
Eligible producers in the United States are invited to apply to the Expanding Agroforestry Incentive Payment Program beginning November 15, 2023.
Cherrie Nolden has over 30 years of experience with pastured livestock management, with a focus on using goats for oak savanna restoration. Listen to her presentation from PFG2022 on how to select the right livestock for your needs.
New Local Fund Investing $1.4 Million to Fight Climate Change and Improve Water Quality in Western Lake Michigan Region
The Daybreak Fund has announced its inaugural round of funding, awarding some $1.4 million in grants to local nonprofits and community groups to help fight climate change, improve water quality, and address social inequities.